Friday, October 31, 2014

Translated :)



Gulon mein rang bhare baad-e-naubahaar chale
Chale bhi aao ke gulshan ka kaarobaar chale

How I wish flowers take new colours!
And the breeze brings fresh winds of change.
I plead you, come to me now, my love,
Maybe, if you come, my garden may bloom again.

Qafas udaas hai yaaro saba se kuchh to kaho
Kahin to bahr-e-Khuda aaj zikar-e-yaar chale

My caged body is cheerless today,
Someone please fill hope in the morning breeze.
For god's sake! don't let it not go empty,
Let it carry with it the story of our friends.

Kabhi to subah tere kunj-e-lab se ho aaghaz
Kabhi to shab sar-e-kaakul se mushakbaar chale

When will we wake into the morning,
To the sweet sound from your lips,
And when in the evening will we rest,
Taking in the scent of your hair.

Bara hai dard ka rishta yeh dil gharib sahi
Tumhare naam pe aaenge ghamgusaar chale

Strong is the bond of pain,
though we are weak and poor,
When we hear your call,
We, all your friends, will come together.

Jo hum pe guzri so guzri magar shab-e-hijraan
Hamaare ashk teri aaqbat sanwaar chale

We went through hell, but all right.
Once this evening of separation is over,
Our tears would have,
Cleaned you for your next life.

Maqaam Faiz koi raah mein jacha hi nahin
Jo kue yaar se nikle to sue daar chale

O’ Faiz, in my exile, no place,
Gave me any pleasure,
After I left my circle of friends,
I found solace only in gallows of death.

No comments: